SCONE Use Cases Overview
In this chapter, we introduce some use cases of how SCONE can be used. Most of these use cases will be based on curated images1 that users can subscribe to.
We introduce some advanced use cases:
- Confidential Document Management to show how to convert a cloud-native application into a confidential cloud-native application with the help of SCONE.
- Federated Machine Learning we shows how to implement federated machine learning with the help of use SCONE.
- Confidential Code Deployment shows how to establish trust between entities that share a common source code.
We also have some more basic use cases:
- blender: Blender 3D creation suite. We show how to protect the blender image while permitting clients that deploy this image to customize the image. They can customize without having access to the key used to protect that image.
- PySpark: Apache Spark with Python inside of Intel SGX enclaves with the help of SCONE.
- TensorFlow: Run TensorFlow inside of Intel SGX enclaves with the help of SCONE.
- TensorFlow Lite: TensorFlow Lite inside of Intel SGX enclaves with the help of SCONE.
- OpenVino: Run OpenVino based applications inside of Intel SGX enclaves with the help of SCONE.
We will add more use cases over time.
A curated image is a container image of a popular service maintained by scontain.com. ↩